Skip to content
Posted On June 20, 2018
- According to a USDA Economic Research Service Report, of the United States’ 408 million acres of cropland, about 70% (286 million acres) is commercially treated with crop protection products. Out of that, the agricultural aviation industry treats 71 million acres of cropland aerially each year.
- 87% of the aircraft used are fixed-wing aircraft; the remaining 13% are rotorcraft/helicopters.
- Today’s aircraft utilize sophisticated precision application equipment such as GPS (Global Positioning Systems), GIS (geographical information systems), flow controls, real time meteorological systems and precisely calibrated spray equipment.